Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Conversion Decisions !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 danny_drifter

danny_drifter

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name:Danny T
  • Car:84 gazelle drift

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

well the old man has decided he wants to keep his beloved z18et motor for his next datsun project.
so that leaves me with the decision of what engine to buy.
definitely going for an s13/14 half cut so i can do the steering/suspension conversion at the same time.
ca18det was the first that comes to mind but half cuts can be difficult to come by.
sr20det is the next option and although a little more expensive there are a bunch of parts and half cuts.
rb20 has been done heaps and pretty cheap however would like to keep it to a s family motor.

so basically I'm tossing between sr vs ca.

i know the sr will require some gearbox and driveshaft mods

any other advantages/disadvantages for each engine.

wiring/road worthy won't be an issue as only track car and dads an auto elec with experience on both motors.

would love your opinions !
Danny.

#2 inmans12

inmans12

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Both very good engines. CA18's are cheap and very easy to put into a S12, more or less bolt in to existing gearbox etc. They are getting old and good chance your going to need to do some work to them. SR's are not much harder to put into an S12, very easy to find a motor and will go alot better than a CA on a lower budget.

The SR to CA20e gearbox mod is easy. Find a blown SR gearbox for cheap and swap the bellhousing and lower carrier bearing and means no tail shaft etc mods.

Wiring will be easy for both engines if your dads an auto elec! I have pinout guides to the old CA20e and SR20 if you need.
Assorted S12 parts for sale! PM For Enquires!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users