Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

electrical issues

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

Ok guys i have bitten the bullet and fitted a CA18DET. After i removed the ca20e and associated hard ware but before i removed the ca20e loom (R/H side eg injectors etc etc and L/H air flow meter coils etc etc) i thought id try the lights and such like to see what needed to stay in place. I connected the battery and the head light, park lights and indicators worked but head lights would not pop up. I reconnected the L/H loom apart from coils etc, and sh** all still work but they will not turn off. With all looms (engine related) disconnected again the lights are on until bat is disconnacted and will not pop up or turn off. Any suggestion?????

#2 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:00 PM

Reset the manual winders on the motors, and see what happens.

You don't need to remove the main harness with the lights etc in it, just the EFI harness.

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#3 mats12

mats12

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Make sure the "pop up light override" dash switch is hooked up and working. My lights wouldn't go up or down without it plugged up.

edit: also s12 combo switches are dodge and pick the best times to fail.

Edited by mats12, 20 February 2007 - 08:03 PM.

Matt______________________________________________________________________________Insert funny remark here

#4 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yes i thought the switch may have sh** its self at the worst time just to test me. With regard to the light harness is there any lighting related wiring on either the old EFI harness R/H side or the old coil harness L/H side????

Ok ive just discovered the switch on the dash that raises the eye lids is faulty. Lights now turn on and off but wont raise. I can live with that atm. Can some one tell me what the plug which is located below the wiper motor and bridges both harnesses is connected to as this is the only wiring that is on the full engine wiring loom that may cause me grief when i draw it back through the fire wall. Is it required???

Edited by xr655, 20 February 2007 - 08:46 PM.

#5 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

Nope.

Where the main harness plugs into the EFI harness under the air flow meter, is where you join most of the CA18DET harness to, though :P

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#6 morgish

morgish

V

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Nope.

Where the main harness plugs into the EFI harness under the air flow meter, is where you join most of the CA18DET harness to, though :D

Why do you use any of the existing loom?

Lights, whipers etc are on their own loom. I can't see any possible reason why you would use any of the CA20 engine loom.

Ralph: You really need to work out what ECU you want to run. My mate has a CA18DET loom and ECU if you wish to run standard.

Edited by morgish, 21 February 2007 - 01:49 PM.

Trying to drift an open-centre diff is alot like masturbation, it's alot of hard work, it's not acceptable in public, if you do it too often you deserve to go blind and in the end you're only f--king yourself.

#7 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

I threw the EFI loom in the bin. Not required. You need the other looms though.

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#8 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

OK this is where we are today. Old engine loom has been pulled out New ca loom is connected and through the fire wall. only obvious parts not connected on the L/H skirt is a 6 or 8 pin plug (near the relays) behind L/H head light joining a loom which appears to cross the front rad support from L-R.

a secondary loom running from Power booster area to the wiper motor and then powered the old coils and dizzy seems to be unnessary apart from the wipers. Any ideas ???

#9 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

The one that runs across the rad support is the main loom. Where that plugs into the EFI loom near the relays on the LHS is where you adapt most of the CA18DET loom.

The stuff for the dizzy isn't needed.

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#10 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

The one that runs across the rad support is the main loom. Where that plugs into the EFI loom near the relays on the LHS is where you adapt most of the CA18DET loom.

The stuff for the dizzy isn't needed.

Ah ok, ive just fitted the entire s13 loom as it all fits every plug on and off the motor apart from that 6 pin plug behind the head light which was on the original afm/resistor box loom. There are 4 plugs forward of the AFM on the new loom so they can just lay idle i guess.

#11 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Super-Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:35 PM

I love the speed and independance with which you move Ralph, you dont need us at all :D
Posted ImageMATTHEW - S12 Gazelle - THE NISSAN KE70!S12GAZELLE.COM - AUS12.ORG - CLUB-S12.ORG <- Lets all forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry icecream

#12 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:39 AM

I love the speed and independance with which you move Ralph, you dont need us at all :D

Thanks for your faith but thats crap i do need your help from time to time. Guess ill end up with an engine that runs but i doubt any lights or original gauges will ever be the same again lol.

#13 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Super-Awesome Member

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

Speedo? who needs speedo anyway?
CA18DET gazelle's have three speeds:
Rev limiter in first
Rev limter in second
Rev limiter in third
Posted ImageMATTHEW - S12 Gazelle - THE NISSAN KE70!S12GAZELLE.COM - AUS12.ORG - CLUB-S12.ORG <- Lets all forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry icecream

#14 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

Speedo? who needs speedo anyway?
CA18DET gazelle's have three speeds:
Rev limiter in first
Rev limter in second
Rev limiter in third

Yes its official you and i have a lot in common we think alike. Hey as long as it has brake light so my kids in their crappy little RB powered R32 and Ceffe and SR powered S13 drift cars dont hit me up the arse on track its all good hey.

#15 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Super-Awesome Member

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

hehe, I used to be able to pride myself on the best drifting gazelle in QLD...

But you're probably a bit ahead now :'(
Looks like I'll actually have to make some kind of upgrade :D

Send your boys over to make me a cage, hehehe

#16 xr655

xr655

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

hehe, I used to be able to pride myself on the best drifting gazelle in QLD...

But you're probably a bit ahead now :'(
Looks like I'll actually have to make some kind of upgrade :D

Send your boys over to make me a cage, hehehe

Not a chance mate you will still be the MOST COMPETATIVE Gaz in QLD im way too old now and my reaction time is not what it used to be. But least we will both look hot on track together and i have no problem coming 1st behind you. Hey ill be doing a Ceffe cage in a few weeks so ill knock up a spare gaz hoop at the same time while we have a pipe bender.

#17 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Super-Awesome Member

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

You want me to bring the car around for you to measure on, or do you still havbe the measurements from yours?

I will of course chiop in for the steel and bender hire and your skillz and stuff :D

Edited by Ozchuck, 23 February 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#18 morgish

morgish

V

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

hahah wank on boys, 5700GE is coming :lol:

Trying to drift an open-centre diff is alot like masturbation, it's alot of hard work, it's not acceptable in public, if you do it too often you deserve to go blind and in the end you're only f--king yourself.

#19 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Super-Awesome Member

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well hopefully you'll keep dropping your block on your hands long enough fr use to finely tune our suspension :D
At least until we blow our CA's then your freshie will overtake... at least for a couple of weeks :P

Glad to see you're keeping the S12, morqish :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users