Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Headlight electrical issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SUZPCT

SUZPCT

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Car:S12 Gazelle, Evo 7

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi All

I had a look around but couldnt find a answer so thought I would post and see if anyone could help me out with this. I have a 85 hatch and the passenger side headlight pops up but the light doesnt come on and the fuse keeps blowing. I pulled the light apart and checked the bulb but other than it being the wrong one 12v 100/55W (the other one is 12V60/55w) it seemed fine. I put a multi meter on the wiring plug and that seemed fine and if I plug the light bulb in without the lamp it seems to work fine (turns on a fuse doesnt blow) but as soon as I place the bulb in the headlamp and connect it the fuse pops straight away. Has this happened to anyone else? I am trying to get the car registered and obviously that wont happen if I cant get both headlights to work.

On a side note the rear window whiper isnt working either. Havent had much of a look at is so not sure if its a faulty or blown motor or something simple like its not connected. Anyways does anyone have a working one that I could purchase if I need it? I am in WA and not liking my chances for getting one from a wreckers over here

Thanks for your help and hoping I can get these to issues sorted so I can get the car on the road.

#2 stapes

stapes

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi All

I had a look around but couldnt find a answer so thought I would post and see if anyone could help me out with this. I have a 85 hatch and the passenger side headlight pops up but the light doesnt come on and the fuse keeps blowing. I pulled the light apart and checked the bulb but other than it being the wrong one 12v 100/55W (the other one is 12V60/55w) it seemed fine. I put a multi meter on the wiring plug and that seemed fine and if I plug the light bulb in without the lamp it seems to work fine (turns on a fuse doesnt blow) but as soon as I place the bulb in the headlamp and connect it the fuse pops straight away. Has this happened to anyone else? I am trying to get the car registered and obviously that wont happen if I cant get both headlights to work.

On a side note the rear window whiper isnt working either. Havent had much of a look at is so not sure if its a faulty or blown motor or something simple like its not connected. Anyways does anyone have a working one that I could purchase if I need it? I am in WA and not liking my chances for getting one from a wreckers over here

Thanks for your help and hoping I can get these to issues sorted so I can get the car on the road.

Reckon I know what the issue is, remove the small wiring harness that connects onto the headlight and check the wiring around the plug that connects onto the lamp. Look closely at the wires and you might see that the heat generated from running high wattage globes has caused the wiring to shrink at the ends and they are touching one another. Be interested to know how it works out.

Stapes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users