Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fmic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adamj86

adamj86

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:adam
  • Car:s12

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hey guys, recently bought a s12 and the guy has fitted a fmic off a Saab 9000. It's pretty sh** and I want a better flowing fmic. It has had a ca18det conversion and would appreciate if anyone knew wether any other Nisan fmic fitted so I don't have to pay through the nose for a custom jobby.

#2 lukemonty

lukemonty

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Name:Luke
  • Car:MKI RSX

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

Welcome to the forums mate. You could buy a Nissan oem fmic off another model and save yourself a few dollars. Or you could spend a little extra and buy a larger more free flowing cooler. Either way you go you will still have to fork out money for custom piping

#3 james

james

XI

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

As Luke said, you're going to have to change your piping - you may as well spend decent money.

How much boost are you running anyway? If it's not much, you may not need to upgrade.

An R33 GTR FMIC would certainly handle almost any CA18 setup. For the money though, you should probably get a quote for a custom cooler that suits your car and needs.
Parts currently for sale:
Mickey Thompson ET Street Slicks - $400
S12 & S13 Factory Alloys - $100ono /set
Plus loads more spares in my shed, just let me know what you need!

#4 eggs

eggs

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Name:nissan
  • Car:s 12

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Ive just started ca18det swap and have used the r33 fmic . Made some brackets and it fits good , an looks tidy . I plan on useing exhaust pipe with a weld at the ends for the silcone pipe an clamp to go over as intercooler piping.

Edited by eggs, 19 February 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#5 specializt

specializt

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:Forester XT

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys, recently bought a s12 and the guy has fitted a fmic off a Saab 9000. It's pretty sh** and I want a better flowing fmic. It has had a ca18det conversion and would appreciate if anyone knew wether any other Nisan fmic fitted so I don't have to pay through the nose for a custom jobby.

What shape, style, dimension is the Saab intercooler?

That way it would be easier for us to suggest a replacement which will minimise the custom piping

What's the piping setup like at the moment? Good, bad or ugly?

#6 lukemonty

lukemonty

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Name:Luke
  • Car:MKI RSX

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ive just started ca18det swap and have used the r33 fmic . Made some brackets and it fits good , an looks tidy . I plan on useing exhaust pipe with a weld at the ends for the silcone pipe an clamp to go over as intercooler piping.

I hope your using stainless dude, otherwise it will rust and suck all types of sh** into your motor

#7 adamj86

adamj86

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:adam
  • Car:s12

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

thanks guys for the help. The 12 has got a horsham development stage2 ecu, which means that it is mapped for a t28 turbo, air filter, exhaust, 255lph fuel pump and fmic. it should be running about 270hp. but the guy must of blown the turbo because the engine has been rebuilt and there is now a t25 in place. he has also used an apexi neo to alter afr to compensate for the t25 turbo. i have a t28 turbo and will be going up to stage 3. i was hoping to get a decent fmic as the saab 1 is sh**. thanks foe the help i know now i may as well spend the money and do it right first time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users