Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wires and stuff

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Name:brad
  • Car:mitsubishi magna

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hey guys and girls I'm in the process of just cleaning up some of the wiring from behind the dash, the gangsta in car phone setup and stereo wiring and stuff Posted Image So I'm just wondering if I need any of this??? I think it's all stereo wiring but I'm not sure, I don't no if I should cut it or just wrap it up out of the way. I want to put all new speaker wire in anyway so I just want to clean out what I won't need and the car phone lol Posted Image and I found this grey wire in the corner driver side like under the fuse box and traced it over the steering colum to nothing just cut off any one no what it is?? Interesting ! Posted ImagePosted Image this is where I'm at at the moment just in tangeling remote wire I think it is and speaker cable and stuff so I just need some wiring expertise from some one. Thanks all
84' hatch ca20e piggie (now looking at ca conversion) 84' hatch RS-X fj20et beast!

#2 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Looks like aftermarket paired speaker wire

Edited by gerryb, 02 October 2010 - 04:50 PM.

I hate fat people!!

#3 james

james

XI

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

yeah if they're paired (like, stuck together) then they're aftermarket.. almost certainly stereo wire and thus useless if you're putting in new stuff

seriously, unplug any sh** you think you don't need.. if the car stops working, put it back!

#4 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

I found the speaker wire already though. I spoze I'm not going to miss it if it is cut already anyway lol thanks for the help guys. And with all the original cassette wiring loom and stuff do I need that sh**? If I run a new head unit and sh** and power speakers off amps I won't need any of that sh** loom will I??? Can I just cut them all or are some of them for other stuff. Ie lights ?? Thanks all
84' hatch ca20e piggie (now looking at ca conversion) 84' hatch RS-X fj20et beast!

#5 snafu

snafu

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Some of it is for lighting around the HVAC, ash tray, etc.

#6 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

I found one light that ataches to a rectangular clip. I suppose if I cut speaker wires out it won't matter once I get a new head unit anyway

#7 jimmyjams

jimmyjams

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name:James

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

looks like your having lots of fun there.....with regards to the radio wiring, all you need to find on that loom is 12V constant, 12V acc, a ground wire or you can run a new one, 12V+ trigger from your dash lighting for the dimmer control on the headunit and if you have a power antenna the trigger wire for that too.

Dont leave any of the other wires you dont need exposed, put heat shrink or tape on them. other wise you may have an elec fire on your hands.

With that gray fig-8 you found where it connects to the body loom, what colour wires was it connected too? could be from an old alarm system maybe.

Good luck mate.

Edited by jimmyjams, 06 October 2010 - 10:50 AM.

85 S12 Gazelle IRS FJ20et94 180SX Strawberry face SR20DET 270.5kw

#8 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Jimmy oooow yer lots of fun lol speaker wire with scotch tape to join them and masking tape lol I'll blame Davis s12_Silvia lol. that info is extreamly helpfull jimm thanks mate. God wiring is such a head Fark lol

#9 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hey guys just doing some more work on the hatch but found these wires and not sure if there ment to join together or there separate Posted Image the male end comes from sterio area and the female one comes down passenger door sill. Thanks guys

#10 EightySix200sx

EightySix200sx

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

i thought i was the only one with the drug dealer motorola phone in my car lol
Posted Image= low fun sexytime! -low.XII.position =Need S12 Parts? Vinyls? Whatever! email: lowXIIposition@yahoo.com-Tijuana makes me happy -Demi Lovato makes me happy -Latinas make me happy period!

#11 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

Don''t know if you should be messing with wiring if you don't know what that is, you might be creating a lot of head f'ks (and expense getting a sparky to fix it) later, but anyway.

That's an antenna connector, the female end goes to the rear hatch window glass type antenna, you need this for your radio. The roof antenna in gazelles are sh** on their own from my experience that's why nissan put a glass antenna in as well.

Edited by gerryb, 18 March 2011 - 06:07 PM.

I hate fat people!!

#12 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thanks Gerry I thought it was maybe for the rear wiper jet or something. go the in car phone that was the first thing to get pulled out lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users