Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gauge cluster wiring???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Name:brad
  • Car:mitsubishi magna

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

hey guys pulled out my gauges and found this wasn't plugged into anything but I don't know what itdoes do I need it lol and what does it do thanks guys
84' hatch ca20e piggie (now looking at ca conversion) 84' hatch RS-X fj20et beast!

#2 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

I guess you mean the little optical cable thing. Its a courtesy light for the ignition key. The cable clips inside the plastic steering column shroud and the end of it pokes through a little hole near the ignition barrel/key.
I hate fat people!!

#3 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

Correct. It's the fibre optic lead. Whatever you do, don't cut it off, or unplug it. You'll lose half the dash lights.

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#4 gaz_man

gaz_man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Correct. It's the fibre optic lead. Whatever you do, don't cut it off, or unplug it. You'll lose half the dash lights.

NO, you will loose EVERYTHING.... I did... Its rediculous... 3 weeks to find out it was that black penis hanging out the back of the dash that i thought did nothing.
Quote Dave ****Since your asking these questions, its already way to hard for you. Give up now.No, im serious. Its a terrible idea.

#5 inmans12

inmans12

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

I've got a black wire leading from a similar/same plug from the curcuit and goes nowhere??

Also thought about cutting it but i have instead tucked it away.

I luckily have all my dash lights ;)
Assorted S12 parts for sale! PM For Enquires!

#6 bman

bman

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Name:brad
  • Car:mitsubishi magna

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

thanks guys, your all so helpfull ;) :) its been hanging under the dash since i bought the car but never noticed it till now, now that im stripping out the interior i might just cable tie it up under the dash, i was just worried as i havent reali driven the car (well that far) that it might be something important lol thanks guys much appriciated
84' hatch ca20e piggie (now looking at ca conversion) 84' hatch RS-X fj20et beast!

#7 Julian

Julian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Kevin Jones
  • Car:Ford F-150

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Im replacing my digi gauge cluster with new autometer gauges.Ivesearched and cant find any wiring diagrams,I need to hook the fuel level,voltgauge,and the lights.Can someone help me out on this?

#8 S12NUT

S12NUT

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

If someone lives near you they may be able to help , but it doesn't have your location in your profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users