Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

sound systems

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

looks nicely fitted all round there man good choice with the subs the 12" i have does take up alot of room but i made the box fit in line with the top of the seats (i have no boot cover) so looks alrite and i left all the wires easily accessable at the amp so its easy to remove too :(

as for the dvd HU im not sure youll get much if any of a sound quality improvement from goin with dvd especially because you'll more then likely be burning mp3s onto a dvd so the soulds quality will be almost entirely dependant on the mp3's quality i'd say unless your planning on actually having a screen id just find a decent HU with a USB port up front that way you can buy yourself a USB stick which is alot easier to copy/remove songs from and you can get em way bigger then 4gb

#62 chrisso08

chrisso08

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, i made all my mistakes on my first gaz,so this one got the experienced fit out.

A h/u with usb will more likely be in my budget range anyway.

During my install i noticed that there was an extra antenna connection which i traced up to the rear window. above the demister.
is this like a booster ant for am or something?, never had bad reception from roof ant.
is this a factory fitted item?

:thumbsup_anim: cheers!
Chris.

#63 ggs

ggs

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

alpine head unit cda 9887 imprint sound ipod connection
alpine spx 17 pro component 2 way speaker system 100 watts rms 300 watts peak 6.5 inch
option audio 3 way coaxial speaker 200 watts rms 260 watts peak 6 by 9 inch
2 times option audio 12 inch subwoofers 1600 watts peak 800 watts rms
2 times option audio 1500 watt mono block amplifiers
1 option audio 600 watt 4 channel amplifier
wiring is 0 guage into distrubation block 4guage power wire with 10 gauge speaker wire .
installed myself to maximize the potential of equipment and to know the jobs done right.
ALL I NEED NOW IS A BIGGER ALTERNATOR CAN ANY ONE ADVISE ME ON A ALTERNATOR TO USE OR ASK FOR PLEASE , THANK YOU

Edited by ggs, 23 October 2009 - 03:48 AM.

I LOVE MY S12 GAZELLE, BUT ADORE ME 200SX S14 KOUKI

#64 james

james

XI

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

get some decent battery clamps, replace the battery wires with some 0 gauge and make sure you scrub back the contact point(s) on the chasis for the ground.

if you're still not getting enough power, look to shorten some of your power cables where possible.

if the alternator's got an issue, get it re-wound (new copper, etc)

also, that's big power you're pushing there (600rms 4ch amp and 2x1500w monos) it'd be a good idea to get a 1-2 farrad capacitor on each of those sub amps
and perhaps invest in a second battery in the boot

#65 ggs

ggs

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

get some decent battery clamps, replace the battery wires with some 0 gauge and make sure you scrub back the contact point(s) on the chasis for the ground.

if you're still not getting enough power, look to shorten some of your power cables where possible.

if the alternator's got an issue, get it re-wound (new copper, etc)

also, that's big power you're pushing there (600rms 4ch amp and 2x1500w monos) it'd be a good idea to get a 1-2 farrad capacitor on each of those sub amps
and perhaps invest in a second battery in the boot

thanks for the reply i am going ahead with the second battery , both batteries will be in the back. theres nothing wrong with the alternator, im just wanting to get a bigger one to handle the batteries demand, was thinking about the capacitor ,but thought second battery and bigger alternator should handle the power required. 0 guage wire is being used at shortest possible distance
I LOVE MY S12 GAZELLE, BUT ADORE ME 200SX S14 KOUKI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users