Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

aftermarket guages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gaz_man

gaz_man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hey Guys

About to put in a bunch of after market guages, all of them are electric as i have the SR in there, my problem is working out the best way to wire them up. I have 3 guages, all which require wires, for lighting ie, hooked up with a headlight wire, all require an accessories power as well as an earth, and finally the connection from the device that it is hooked up to. The wire that hooks up from senders i have no problem.

I need some ideas on how best to setup the wires and earths for the lights and 12v.. Should i go along the lines of one wire to one of those super cheap fuse boxes and run wires from them.. Or is there better ways of doing this, as i dont want a brothel of wiring behind the dash, so if anyone has pictures or ideas on whats been done or can be done, give us some photos or a good write up. help is appreciated, im tired of running blind, as the factory guages dont work the same even with the ca18det senders in them.

cheers guys

Dan
Quote Dave ****Since your asking these questions, its already way to hard for you. Give up now.No, im serious. Its a terrible idea.

#2 Grubby

Grubby

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hey Guys

About to put in a bunch of after market guages, all of them are electric as i have the SR in there, my problem is working out the best way to wire them up. I have 3 guages, all which require wires, for lighting ie, hooked up with a headlight wire, all require an accessories power as well as an earth, and finally the connection from the device that it is hooked up to. The wire that hooks up from senders i have no problem.

I need some ideas on how best to setup the wires and earths for the lights and 12v.. Should i go along the lines of one wire to one of those super cheap fuse boxes and run wires from them.. Or is there better ways of doing this, as i dont want a brothel of wiring behind the dash, so if anyone has pictures or ideas on whats been done or can be done, give us some photos or a good write up. help is appreciated, im tired of running blind, as the factory guages dont work the same even with the ca18det senders in them.

cheers guys

Dan

Hey Dan

I did mine almost 18 months ago now so its kinda fuzzy not to mention I had my auto eleccy mate with his tester which was damn handy :(

I'm pretty sure we put all the earths on one of the handbrake screws (it also has a factory earth from something else, the handbrake dash light IIRC)

You can get the 12v from almost anywhere, you can buy these little electrical blocks that you can cut to any length (like 3 for you) and run all 3 into it and splice a 12v source into the 3. Honestly wiring isnt my forte, I'd suggest befriending and auto electrician or investing in an electrical tester, crimper/wirestripper and a box of male/female fittings.......... oh and clear your plans for the weekend :P

If you get really stuck I geeeeussssss I could pull my car apart and show you what I did ;)

#3 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Everything you need is at the back of the radio ;)

You'll only need to run the separate the wires for the senders.

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#4 gaz_man

gaz_man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Everything you need is at the back of the radio :(

You'll only need to run the separate the wires for the senders.

Umai i asked in the wrong section befire, u rekon i can hook all the lights up in series, ie one positive gets the power then hook the negative to the next positive wire and so on and so forth, until endint the final as the earth, or will that cause a nive electrial fire
Quote Dave ****Since your asking these questions, its already way to hard for you. Give up now.No, im serious. Its a terrible idea.

#5 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Negatory.

You're better off wirng them all individually. I don't see why you can't use the same power and ground sources though.

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users