Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

tacho resistor box - want to wire up ca18det to s12 tacho

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

if someone can describe or post a pic of the tacho resistor box that would be preety schweeet

hey ive got my resistors on the ca18det loom all done but i dont exactly know where to feed them to... i tried the blue wire that was on my old ca20e loom but that didnt do anything... i have a feeling its the wrong coil, the other wiring has been trimmed. i can only see one other blue wire on the ca20e loom thats left in my car can any one confirm exactly what colour and trace if any is on the wire that runs to the tacho resistor box that then runs the light green wire to the back of the tacho??

do i need to by-pass this tacho resistor or will the 4x1n4004 diode method work with this resistor in place.
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#2 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

Bypass it
I hate fat people!!

#3 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

Bypass it

thanks, where is it so i can bypass it.

and once ive bypassed it i just use the blue wire that was on the coil pack plug straight to the diodes ive got on my ignitor??
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#4 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

Id still really love to know where this resister box is so i can bypass it. can any one take a picture of describe its location??? i want my tacho working!!!!

#5 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

any one???

#6 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

Bypass it

:D

resister box... :)

where is it... :D

want my tacho werkin :P

#7 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Its only a tiny little black box, its in the engine bay as part of the blue wire that runs to the distributor. Its just a tin y little 2 wire connector, its easy to locate if you view it on the facory manual diagram page, :) (sorry don't have mine where I am at the moment).
I hate fat people!!

#8 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

yeah ive looked at the FSM and it reffers to two sperate in-line resisters and i cant seem to locate either of them...

can someone PLEASE snap a pic of where its at... hell even just draw it up in paint roughly to indicate where its at :-( reeeealy want my factory tacho working. i dont want some "wog clock" stuck on my dash...

#9 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

I am literally 4000k's away from my s12, (it doesn't have that wiring in it anymore anyway) sorry so can't help with pics. If no one else posts pics then all I can say is you follow the blue wire physically that did go to the distributor till you find them. If you have a different motor now you don't need them, so just cut them away and splice.
I hate fat people!!

#10 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

ok.. so i found the resistors, they are right down behind the passenger headlight, they are those inline ones...

i tried feeding my tacho input into all the wires related to those two resisters and no joy... >.< when someone has their dash out could they please trace this one for me??

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users