Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Westside Car Club Cruise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 s12silvia

s12silvia

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

ok so i just read a news report on news.com.au saying that the Westside Car Club of Adelaide is planning a cruise specifically for doing burnouts and to piss off cops. Just wondering if anybody knows anyone who is in the club that can get me in touch with the person organising it so i can go off my tree at them.
These are the kinds of idiots that give true car enthusiasts and modifiers such a bad name and all they are achieveing by doing this cruise is proving to the public the point that the police and government are trying to force everyone to believe. Sorry but this has really pissed me off...

here is a link to the story if anyone wants to read it.
http://www.news.com....994-421,00.html
Cheers Kieran
Posted Image

#2 swampdonkyy

swampdonkyy

XII Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:S12 SILVIA FISCO
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

Yeah well if the SA government free up some land for a motorsport park then this wouldent have to happen!
There is heaps of land out north near torrens island but the government say it cant be used for a motor sport park, I dont know why? This would bring so much heat off our roads & even save a life or 2.

How many more people have to die on our roads in sa b4 they give us motorsport fans some where legal to go?

STUPID SA GOVERNMENT! This problem is not going to be fixed by bringing in harsher hoon laws!

SA GOVERNMENT GIVE US SOME LAND!

Edited by swampdonkyy, 10 August 2009 - 07:52 AM.

#3 s12silvia

s12silvia

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

correct the problem wont be solved by bringing in harsher laws but thats all that this cruise will achieve.
In WA we have Barbagallo and Collie, we have something like 5 events a year tops at each one then we have the motorplex which has 120 spots open on a wednesday night only for drags for street legal cars. So dont think i dont know about the government needing to provide more places for legalised skids, but this is not a plan to get them to do it, all this cruise will achieve is cops coming down even harder on modified car owners and they are likely to retaliate by laying a heap of bullshit driving chargers on everyone with a modified car. All they have to do is say you took a corner at a speed that was higher than what they personally class as safe and you can be charged on the spot with careless driving and this is what is likely to happen as a result of this cruise.
Posted Image

#4 Jimme_be

Jimme_be

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

IMO the cruise is a piss-take to hype up the media about nothing.

At least I hope it is.

#5 thrash12

thrash12

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

I think they get their license's sideways in the west
CA20e power

#6 s12silvia

s12silvia

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

either way its a stupid bloody idea. we have a guy over here who has actually worked his way into parliament to get our voice heard, he has been doing radio talk shows, newspaper interviews, tv interviews, he has been absolutely busting his arse to go about doing things the right way and getting the modified car scene's voice heard the way it should be

I think they get their license's sideways in the west

i think they get there heads sideways bunch of knobs is what they are
Posted Image

#7 thrash12

thrash12

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Mike Rann is the real knob B) were marching on Parliament
CA20e power