Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

deca sat august 15! 10 spots left ! skid pan!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gazelle D

Gazelle D

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

hey peeps,

another club ahem SAU is having a skid pan/motorkhana day, august 15th at the deca training grounds in Shepparton

8am scruitineering, 9am breifing, mid day lunch, afternoon battles

cost is about $80 for the day, you require usual safety stuff helmet, fire exh, etc

great day and great evening to be had in sheparton, i could rave on all night about it but i won't.

it would be good for you guys to come, and not just to see me lose ;) i beat my mate last time in the battles lmao thanks vince.

and since i broke two pistons i'll be hard pressed to get there. but i will, so see you there !

davo email or call, the challange is yours :P

All my gazelle's are gone, but i have a stock S14 sunday driver.

#2 swampdonkyy

swampdonkyy

XII Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:S12 SILVIA FISCO
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

Helmet for motorkhana?

I have never heard of people using helmets at motorkhana, unless they have custom car with no roof!

#3 Crspy

Crspy

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Another SAU deca I miss out on ;) I miss them

AASA insurance requires helmets for the skidpan and back track events now :P Didn't have to wear them on the skidpan previously

#4 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts
  • Location:Croydon, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Name:Gadget
  • Car:Nissan all the way

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

SAU deca is a reasonably high speed event using the track as well as the skid pan.

#5 Gazelle D

Gazelle D

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

hey peeps sorry about the complete lack of reply from myself,

i had to rebuild my engine just before aug deca and bugger me.............i got it done in time, but then i had other problems, lets just say i made deca, but i'm paying for it.

and oh yes my motor is now drop forged and very very bloody happy with the foot down.

i came 32nd out of 50, so not bad, i know where i made a few mistakes and should be atleast in the 20's next time.

NOVEMBER 7th with SAU, i'll post info more towards the day.

Yes from the start of this year all activities on the Skid pan, mini or long wang (motorkana tracks) require a helmet. i was doing about 125kmh on the small straight bit of it last time, and safety is no joke. i will list a more thorough detailed description next time.

sorry if you missed out, but i didn't receive any PMS or email notification of posts. and i was busy but emails were still on my checklist of daily things to do/must do.

All my gazelle's are gone, but i have a stock S14 sunday driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users