Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

dash lights and the things they reprsent

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

this is probably a stupid question but are the dash lights and the things they represent linked at all, in more detail the dash light for the rear defogger are they in the same circuit as the actual defogger.

i ask because wen i got my 12 the rear defogger bit that connects glass to wiring was cut the fuses removed and the dash light didnt work so i replaced the fuses re soldered the wires and tried it out but it still doesnt work and neither does the dash light so im wondering if they are the one linked problem or 2 separate ones to eliminate where to look

#2 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

this is probably a stupid question but are the dash lights and the things they represent linked at all, in more detail the dash light for the rear defogger are they in the same circuit as the actual defogger.

i ask because wen i got my 12 the rear defogger bit that connects glass to wiring was cut the fuses removed and the dash light didnt work so i replaced the fuses re soldered the wires and tried it out but it still doesnt work and neither does the dash light so im wondering if they are the one linked problem or 2 separate ones to eliminate where to look

id assume its the one problem. the demister should work even if the blub is blown..
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#3 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts
  • Location:Croydon, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Name:Gadget
  • Car:Nissan all the way

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Id' check the earth and make sure the switch works.

#4 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

ah didnt think of the switch itself all the other ones near by work tho

#5 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

do you have the "timer" switch that leaves the de-fogger on for a set time and then turns it off autmoatically??

if so it really could be quite a few things casuing you greif

if you cant figure it out then re-wire it. add a different switch in its palace. maybe one of the headlight popper ones (on-off) and run your own relay and trigger...

have you tried using some epic anti-fog stuff?
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#6 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

na man only got the GL pov pack so no timer just on or off

never tried the anti fog stuff never heard of it being good or not , you vouch for it?

#7 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

na man only got the GL pov pack so no timer just on or off

never tried the anti fog stuff never heard of it being good or not , you vouch for it?

i have some epic anti fog that i still have not used... im lazy... but yeah apparently its great stuff, you have to apply it correctly tho, just follow the instructions EXACTLY... as some you leave on, some you wipe off, some you clean off... and if you dont do it propperly it can leave crappy milky residue thats worse than fog all over your windows...

#8 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

i finally got some and applied it and of course there hasnt been a time where the windows would fog since lol

#9 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

i finally got some and applied it and of course there hasnt been a time where the windows would fog since lol

lol, mine are super-foggy... i blew my heater core with the heater on full blast... and its left coolant residue crap on my windows... ive tried to clean it off but it must still be there becaues i fogs up really easy... like seriously... if i breath too heavy with my windows up it will fog up...

im way to lazy to use my anti-fog stuff yet tho lol... might do it tonight!

let me know how u go when it actually does get cold enough to fog up! maybe take the missus for a "parking" session and see if they fog up?? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users