Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ca18det loom into ca20e loom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GAZ512

GAZ512

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hey everyone, i put a ca18det in my gaz and i was just wonderin how to join the ca18det engine loom into the ca20e dash and headlight loom, or if its heaps of work a good elecy on the coast or there abouts

Cheers Adam

#2 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

im about to do this so answers would be awsome :lol:

im going top use the CA18det engine loom

and hopefully plug that engine loom into the existing dash/main/car loom

any tips/tricks or workarounds even pin to pin wiring changes would be awsome to make my conversion go smoothly and cheaply!!!

do the actual plugs on the ca18det s13 engine loom plug into the s12 car/main/dash looms?
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#3 Candellan

Candellan

AUS12 Trader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Name:Candellan
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

Search people - http://www.aus12.org...p?showtopic=277
RPJS12 Gazelle - "Big Block" CA20DET
S12 RXG Silvia - "Green Machine" SR20DET
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Search people - http://www.aus12.org...p?showtopic=277

Thanks for that Candellan :)

however that appears to be more related specifically to the tacho...

im seeking a guide, complete and total in nature.

to instruct me on what wires need to be changed, cut, spliced or re-ran. to make my CA18DET work in my S12 CA20E with just the S13 engine loom and all other wiring S12 CA20E spec
- S12 notch SGL-x - CA18DET REBUILT w/ 160 RWKW @14 PSI - coil-overs front+ falcon/commo rear - $5,000!!! 0407815680

#5 GAZ512

GAZ512

I

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

its not that simple, it dosnt just plug in i tried. i just brought a ready to go loom off will (PSIs12) great bloke knows his s12's and it still dosnt fit, they must of moded the cars loom instead of the s13 engine bay loom, so im giving up and im payin pizzi automotive on the coast to do it let u know how much it costs. ill be drivin the gaz again from the 15th of feb yay! i want to cruise with other gazes

cheers adam

#6 Cheddle

Cheddle

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

its not that simple, it dosnt just plug in i tried. i just brought a ready to go loom off will (PSIs12) great bloke knows his s12's and it still dosnt fit, they must of moded the cars loom instead of the s13 engine bay loom, so im giving up and im payin pizzi automotive on the coast to do it let u know how much it costs. ill be drivin the gaz again from the 15th of feb yay! i want to cruise with other gazes

cheers adam

:P fap fap!!! can you please PM me a price on that loom!! my cars wiring has been un-molested and the s13 engine loom is again, unmolested...

name your price and postage to 7052 :)

well... does it all actually plug in?? and just not work? or does the s13 engine loom not plug in AT ALL to the s12 main loom??? :)

im down in tassie but let me know how much it costs you to get it wired in... ive got a guy who will do a back-yard job for me over 2 or 3 weekends. hes quoted $500 for full conversion using existing box and engine mounts.... its only a quote tho and could blow out massivly

Edited by Cheddle, 17 January 2009 - 06:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users