Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What brand are these? (speakers)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kj0

kj0

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Hey Guys, Just wondering what brand are these? They have a logo, but no writing.

Cheers

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 PSI-S12

PSI-S12

VIII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

hey mate
the brnad is called 'Rockford Fosgate' youll notice that youve taken the photo upside down, so upturn it adn you will see 'RF'.

very good quality audio equipment. very famous brand name.

cheers
will

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

CA18DET+FJ20E S12'S - OH HOW I MISS THEE...SR20DET S13 SILVIA - FOREVER UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NEED WHEELS REPAIRED? 0419 763 226 - WILLNEED S12 OR IMPORT RELATED AFTERMARKET PARTS? 0419 763 226 - WILL

#3 kj0

kj0

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Cheers Will.

They came with my gaz so I didn't know ey. Never heard of them, would you believe it or not. Something mustn't be set up right, they seem pretty crap.

I'll start doing some research on them.

Cheers
Posted Image

#4 Dave

Dave

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Spot on will, Rockford Fosgate. They probably sound crap because the signal they get from your headunit is sh**, or they are using dodgy/old wiring (IE standard). RF gear is generally overpriced "designer" style audio gear, for hardparking.
<a href="http://www.s12silvia...showtopic=1525" target="_blank">Project12</a> WRITTEN OFF 1/1/2010 <a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">Notchy Turbo!</a> CA18DET 160rwkw+<a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">S13 Daily Drifter!</a> CA18DE, locked low Toyo R1R Bride Vios 3 Low Max Greddy Coilovers solid everything

#5 james

james

XI

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

yep, those speakers are good (not great) quality and should sound fine, providing you're not turning them up incredibly loud.

as dave said, check the quality of connections and wires and replace anything that's original wiring or old connections

part of your quality issues might arise from the quality of your headunit and the quality of the music you're playing
if you're listening to the latest So Fresh or similar, the chances are it sounds crap because, it is.

but yeah, if you're only running half of a component system or something, you'll get horrible sounding sound, so check everything is there and hooked up nicely

#6 kj0

kj0

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

alright, Well.. I know the wiring isn't crap. and the Headunit should be powering it fine (well it better be for the amount I paid for it, Kenwood)

I might check the loom though, as it is the original Kenwood that was in there, not the one that came with my HU.

It seems set up properly, I haven't tried it since I changed my 6x9's, might give it a go and see what the over all mix comes out like.
Posted Image

#7 james

james

XI

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

yeah, check the bass/treble and front/back mix on your headunit, that might be the cause of some of your troubles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users