Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help Gaz will not start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sylakone

sylakone

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:10 PM

ok car will not start starter motor kicks over but sounds like it does not have enough power so thought it was battery so took out battery got another car to jump start same problem still will not kick over sounds like starter motor is not getting enough power replaced positive terminal as that had a crack in it chatrge the battery with charger put back in same problme got anothe battery that i had charged that up also same problem anybody got any ideas ?? need car back on the road asap it is my daily runner
cheers in advance

#2 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

Fuel pump priming?

Does it go bzzzz in the rear of the car for a few seconds when you turn the key to 'on'?

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#3 sylakone

sylakone

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Fuel pump priming?

Does it go bzzzz in the rear of the car for a few seconds when you turn the key to 'on'?

Thanks yeah the pump is priming so it is not that it is weird I have tried 2 different batteries tried to jumps start with 2 diffenret leads and with both leads together still will not start it sounds like the starter is struggling to turn the engine but the car was fine the day before it did not start I guess i might have to take the next step and pay ridiculous amounts of money to get a mechanic to take a look :ph34r:

#4 Lister

Lister

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Sounds like the Starter itself is stuffed. Its called polling out, the armature in the motor has insulation on the wires of the winding and it breaks down after awhile, this weakens the starter to the point where it cant make enough power to turn it over. Change starter motor.

If for some reason you think the starter is still fine, Pull out the 4 exhaust plugs and wind it over, check to see if you have any water being pumped out, if its blown a head gasket then you may have water in a cylinder stopping it from turning over. This will also tell you if the starter is strong enough if it winds quickly and freely.
Somehow i've ended up working for Toyota, If you need something special, or you have a friend in need, i'm willing to help. 07 4667 6025...Bloody Toyota's, Only good for keeping you in a job.....

#5 sylakone

sylakone

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like the Starter itself is stuffed. Its called polling out, the armature in the motor has insulation on the wires of the winding and it breaks down after awhile, this weakens the starter to the point where it cant make enough power to turn it over. Change starter motor.

If for some reason you think the starter is still fine, Pull out the 4 exhaust plugs and wind it over, check to see if you have any water being pumped out, if its blown a head gasket then you may have water in a cylinder stopping it from turning over. This will also tell you if the starter is strong enough if it winds quickly and freely.

thanks heaps for the help i will try all of the above as soon a i get enough time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users