Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to get the Tacho working...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Fester

Fester

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

Contact 'Fester', he has a microtach in his s12 and has the tacho hooked up and working I think. He is quite good on electronics and the microtech, from memory there is some trick to getting the s12 tach to read accurately with a microtech that he knows, (use the member search facility to find his profile so you can pm him)

:) /me shakes head sadly at poor gerry... :orly:

As it happens my tacho isn't hooked up (it was with the old Digi, but not the MT8), but that's mostly because I'm a lazy bum. There's a bunch of other electrical stuff that's died or is on the way out, but I'm too damn lazy to fix that as well. I should take a couple of days off work and pull her apart a bit I suppose, but its so hard to find care factor :P

I'm thinking about making the trip up in 1-2 weekends kingos, I'll let you know. Always good to see another gazelle :)
I used to spool, but now I drive a Barina :/

#42 Lister

Lister

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

Sorry to raise an old thread but i wonder if some electronics wonder boy has an answer for this one. I have an RB25 neo running an EMS 8860 whats the chances of the stock tacho running on A 6 cylinder??
Somehow i've ended up working for Toyota, If you need something special, or you have a friend in need, i'm willing to help. 07 4667 6025...Bloody Toyota's, Only good for keeping you in a job.....

#43 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts
  • Location:Croydon, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Name:Gadget
  • Car:Nissan all the way

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:00 AM

might get away with using 4 diodes not 6... if you use 6 you'll have rev's another 1/3rd higher than what they actually are.

But i dont know how effective that would be.

#44 Lister

Lister

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

I have discovered the secret. Early import v6 Maxima's have a circuit board nearly exactly the same as the Gazelle, i will be using the board and keeping my motor and needle. As the new board is slightly larger i will run it remotely and this will also enable me to adjust the trim pot to get it as accurate as possible.
Somehow i've ended up working for Toyota, If you need something special, or you have a friend in need, i'm willing to help. 07 4667 6025...Bloody Toyota's, Only good for keeping you in a job.....

#45 DRIFTKID

DRIFTKID

VIII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

where is the tacho resistor box located? anyone got apic
RIP GAZELLEBuy my parts!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users