Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Headlights wont go down

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Pedro

Pedro

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

Thought I'd update this thread, I replaced the headlight module with a known good one and it did not resolve the issue, spewing.

It has to be something to do with the wiring behind the stereo to the small lights that illuminate the air intake / fan operation.... oh well.

#22 1968falconxt

1968falconxt

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

i had the same problem last week. it was just some loose wires on the black relay down near the battery. i had to resolder them where they go into the relay.

#23 mcheen

mcheen

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

after you replaced the switch did you try winding them down manually with the battery still turned on. when i did mine i did that with the switch in both positions (couldnt remember what was up or down). the lights popped down and it was all good.
Posted Image

#24 Pedro

Pedro

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

I didn't try that, sounds a bit weird that that might fix it, but I'm willing to try anything.

How do you manually wind them down? do you have to take the grill or bar off to get to the motors?

#25 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

Silly question but I guess you've tried lossening off the threaded adjusting arm on the side and then give it some turns to lengthen it?

Edited by gerryb, 19 July 2007 - 11:22 AM.

I hate fat people!!

#26 Pedro

Pedro

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

Not sure I know what you mean gerry, but once i take a look i'm sure it will make sense.

The thing is, when I reset the ECU by leaving the power off for around 30 seconds the lights go down perfectly.

#27 gerryb

gerryb

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Its a wierd one, the overly compliated electronics controling the h/lights give me the shits

Not sure I know what you mean gerry, but once i take a look i'm sure it will make sense.

The thing is, when I reset the ECU by leaving the power off for around 30 seconds the lights go down perfectly.

I hate fat people!!

#28 1968falconxt

1968falconxt

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

did u check the relay down by the battery?

#29 B-Man

B-Man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Bugger - I just found this thread.

Still having the same problem - the switch on the dash much be fuxored - When I short oue the contacts, the lights do down and then up then cycle up and down (funny to watch).

Any help appreciated

#30 1968falconxt

1968falconxt

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

i think it is the relay down by the battery. mine was doing the same thing. it ended up having loose wires on the relay

#31 B-Man

B-Man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:22 AM

Yep - found the relay - swapped it - same thing.

But found that when I took the relay out then put it back the lights went down - so wired a switch in to cut power to the relay - now all good - fixed - I just got two switches in the cabin to contend with.

#32 Lister

Lister

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

Check the headlight diode beside the headlamp sensing relay near the battery.
Somehow i've ended up working for Toyota, If you need something special, or you have a friend in need, i'm willing to help. 07 4667 6025...Bloody Toyota's, Only good for keeping you in a job.....

#33 B-Man

B-Man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

What colour is it ? How to identify ??

Cheers,

#34 Lister

Lister

VII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

Have you managed to download the s12 workshop manual off the net? should be a link in pinned info. The page that will help to identify the diode is EL-194
It is a small Green? rectangle block beside the headlamp sensing relay which is situated inbetween the battery and the headlamp. Also has on the side of it the symbol for a diode which is an arrow pointing at a vertical line.
Somehow i've ended up working for Toyota, If you need something special, or you have a friend in need, i'm willing to help. 07 4667 6025...Bloody Toyota's, Only good for keeping you in a job.....

#35 B-Man

B-Man

V

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

FIXED PROPERLY NOW

It was two burn't out diodes in the timer module - sh** that took a long time to work out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users