Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Drift Australia Round 3 Malalla

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts
  • Location:Croydon, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Name:Gadget
  • Car:Nissan all the way

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

Sat night was a BLAST!

Thanks guys.

Was great to meet some for the first time and more so for the crew i met all those years ago when my Gabby was stock as rock!

Fink won :speak_cool: Good ol Vic!!!

hehe, anywho the guy that knocked bri out came 3rd and track experiance and dipstick blowing out was to blame. Bri still managed to avoid looking at my car!! Next time it will have his FJ bulge on though as opposed to the :whistle:

Next time Campbell... next time...

We pretty much had to bolt straight after DA results. I hit the pillow at 2:30 and was up 4 hours later to head into work :s My head is buggered! Next time i'll take another day off! Worked out i can get 7.5 l/100 if i'm following a truck! lol

After minor issues on the fri night sat morning i managed to kinda sort out the issue with my car. (starter motor not engauging due to being held in loosely by one bolt) diagnosed and fixed in 2 hours sat morning. (auto's are impossible to roll start, i tried) and leaking rear seal on the auto box required 3 lt's of trans fluid over the weekend to curb further issues... back and under of the car is now a funky black, red, dusty colour :)

Also managed to be pulled up a grand total of 3 times over the 3 days :ph34r: Each time checking tyres, licence, bretholising me and doing a car rego check! Personal record for me! Had to laugh at what i was wearing each time...

1: "They are always after me" (stick man screaming and running with two pink pigs chasing with police hats)

2: "It's all fun and games till the cops show up" (stick man screaming and running with police car behind him)

3: "Drift my ride" (Pimp my ride style writing)

Thanks again crew!

#42 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

sounds like it was a dam good weekend so spewing i couldnt make it in the end i even checked flights on friday night to try and get there but got no where :)

gadget - the sa police welcomed you to their city in style then :speak_cool: , pretty funny too i have that same t-shirt and the first day i wore it i got pulled over the cop laughed at me

#43 PSI-S12

PSI-S12

VIII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Oh man, what a weekend...
my god my head hurts, as does everything else!

well, we successfully made it thru a weekend at a DA event without doing any major damage! great success!

with the unfortunate event of bri's FJ deciding it no longer liked the taste of dipstick (*shakes fist at tiny ziptie*) at turn 3 of his top32 round against Mark Guyatt (REVS blue Ser5 RX-7) bri was knocked out of the Superdrift rounds for the weekend. Mark actually went on to face 3 re-runs against fellow QLDer Josh Coote, as the level of drifting was so awesome, they couldnt decide on a winner. eventually, Josh took the weekend's title.

bri's car held up really well over the weekend, especially considering that the FJ20 had to undergo surgery once again after suffering a bent crankshaft and cracked flywheel less than 72 hours before the competition. with the donated parts from a few other FJ's that bri's building in his land of magical motors, the boys managed to throw together a winning combination of a motor and use the 1600km drive from sydney to adelaide as run-in. thats dedication!

i got some pretty good photos of bri drifting over the weekend too, so ill post em up when ive got some spare time.

was awesome to put so many faces to names over the weekend. so many long time members of this site were there and was good to catch up with many of them after so many years!
cant wait to come to vic next year gadget! ill be there!

so with the next round at eastern creek only 5 weeks away, im hoping to have my FJ20 swap finished in time to be able to drive down there to the event, rather than bloody flying everywhere. planes suck.

signing off.
cheers all!
will.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

CA18DET+FJ20E S12'S - OH HOW I MISS THEE...SR20DET S13 SILVIA - FOREVER UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NEED WHEELS REPAIRED? 0419 763 226 - WILLNEED S12 OR IMPORT RELATED AFTERMARKET PARTS? 0419 763 226 - WILL

#44 Pistonfreak

Pistonfreak

FJ20 GURU

• 1,202 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi guys
I had a good time on the weekend
SA was a great experience
Thanks to all that helped out and who I meet there
The trip down was delayed 26 hours due to a bent crank and cracked in half flywheel, so a quick engine build was put together but a sticky valve guide caused me to have to rip the head off the the new engine and put the he head off the damaged FJ on. So off we travelled with another new turbo and engine set to 14psi with no time tune.
With every laps practice I was getting better and better in the morning , just needed proberly 5 to 6 more laps to get comfortable with the lay out, but time was a issue and lack of front end grip in the 2nd section caused by a tyre brand change add with exhaustion. I even fell asleep in the quallifying stage line on the track which was a freak out when I woke up to the sound of a rotary moving forward
I had a ball in the battle I had against Mark Guyat who came 3rd on the weekend.
The 1st run was really sloppy, no real excuse apart from lack of track knowlage.
The 2nd lap was alot better I felt I linked the 1st section really well, but struggled with a sloppy 2nd section.
When we came around to the start line there was smoke comming from under the car which turned out to just be a dip stick tube falling out, which was a relief thinking oh shite another damn turbo, hahaha
So with the SD out of the way we all went out for dinner where I got to meet some of the guys off the forum which was great to put face to names. wish I got to talk more to Will about his S12 as it was the first S12 I ever took notice of in Hot 4's with it's Evo front bar.
The trip back started a little rocky with a lot of noise from the rear brakes. After thinking about it decided to just turn the stereo up and egnore the whole issue, which was a great option and worked well.
We had no issues with the cars return to home apart from hitting a native furry thingy that decided to get in the way at 110kph just before the Hay plain, nothing that can't be fixed easy enough, damn furry things, he's sleeping permanatly now.
At the end of the Hay plain we were pulled up by about 15 cops and searched for drugs, They were pretty funny guys asking about the car and drifting as a sport and let us on our way with no fines or defects.

But as expected I'm totally fubared at the moment and will write some more up soon

Thanks, once again to every one
Brian
Posted Image

#45 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts
  • Name:Dean

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

Sounds like you haven't gone completely insane yet :P

See you at EC ;)

im usually naked anywayclothes are for rich ppl

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#46 Nehemiah

Nehemiah

VI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

I was looking forward to seeing your car in action for such a long time! My father broke down on the way back from Port Lincon on the sat ;). Went along on the Sunday tho, great fun.

Still im pissed I missed everyone on the Saturday.

Sam.

#47 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

^I was annoyed i didnt have your number and Mike's phone was dead. Would have been good to see EVERYone. Oh well, i've gained new enthusiasm to work on my car so i can start on the Gazute. ;)

#48 nissanman

nissanman

Used to be S12'r :(

• Retired Admin/Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

Sorry i didnt get out there guys.
Didnt get your message Gadget till monday as i left my personal phone at work and only had my work phone on me.

Sounds like a interesting yet hard weekend guys, glad you had some fun tho.

Pics???

S15 200SX SPEC RPosted ImageSTILL SUPPORTING AUS12\S12Silvia.com wherever i may go...

#49 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

i'll have to get pics from the gf...

at this point in time i have none :s

The idea of a mobile is to use it mobile Jar! ;) jk. Oh well... you now have to join up with the others and make the trip to the Big smoke to visit me early next year :P

#50 Candellan

Candellan

AUS12 Trader

• Members
  • 1,052 posts
  • Name:Candellan
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Sorry to hear the Brown Bomber didn't advance. Better luck next time mate. Maybe it needs CA trouble free power ;)
RPJS12 Gazelle - "Big Block" CA20DET
S12 RXG Silvia - "Green Machine" SR20DET
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#51 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

haha ur insane bri falling asleep during staging shows just how dedicated you are to drifting.

still kicking myself for not being able to make it im goin to ensure i make it to the next two rounds as both are in nsw which is heaps easier to get to not too mention theres a huge break between the two rounds so moneys no issue :P:)

pics pics pics lol (im at work so i cant trawl forums for them ;) )

#52 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

Cam, I'll see if I can organise a cot, and transport for you when you come up :lol:

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#53 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

That b awesome dean will have to talk details closer to tha time but even sum space on a floor is gud lol

#54 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks to a couple of NS.com members :lol:

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#55 PSI-S12

PSI-S12

VIII

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

*APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE TO THE 56KB'ERS*

got a few piccies ladies and gentlemen! (by the way, when i say a few, i mean 56k no way.)

Posted Image

mike's s12 (MR. CA)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

heres the s12 crew @ dinner at the Tap Inn, Adelaide City.
Posted Image
Bri, Chris (Skylark Sleepr) and Jack (Buster)
Posted Image
GREAT SUCCESS!!!
Posted Image
Bri, Wil(4GOT10), Adrian (Gadget1382) and various other s12ers
Posted Image

so theres a brief summary of the weekends antics.
enjoy!
will

*APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE TO THE 56KB'ERS*

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

CA18DET+FJ20E S12'S - OH HOW I MISS THEE...SR20DET S13 SILVIA - FOREVER UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NEED WHEELS REPAIRED? 0419 763 226 - WILLNEED S12 OR IMPORT RELATED AFTERMARKET PARTS? 0419 763 226 - WILL

#56 Dave

Dave

X

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

You killed my 56k :P

Nah it was all good, well done on that resizing trick we talked about :lol:
<a href="http://www.s12silvia...showtopic=1525" target="_blank">Project12</a> WRITTEN OFF 1/1/2010 <a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">Notchy Turbo!</a> CA18DET 160rwkw+<a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">S13 Daily Drifter!</a> CA18DE, locked low Toyo R1R Bride Vios 3 Low Max Greddy Coilovers solid everything

#57 james

james

XI

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:James
  • Car:Nissan Gazelle RS-X
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

that car isn't really road legal, is it? however do you have it registered!?!

anyway, looks great and congrats on your high placing

#58 Mr.CA

Mr.CA

VIII

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

heap of crap phone it had full charge at 6am in the morning both days and was dead by 12pm grr
well RIP nokia N80 lol she is no longer with us after that

soz i could`nt catch up with ppl!, we did really have a smooth weekend thats for sure
i seen stuff all drifting saw brian do one lap and a quick hello and that was it,

sounds like there is a trip to melb or something? if so im keen

hey will how did u get that pic of my car i was hide`n it in the pack section on the pits lol

well see u all in EC and hopefully things go a bit better for us and i can see some drifting and MEET ppl

cheers
Mike
Posted Image

#59 Umai Naa!!

Umai Naa!!

JDM Magnet

• Admin
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

Awesome stuff! :D

I'll be at OP and EC this year, BOTH days :P

None of this 'competing' or obeying the missus, by not turning up Sunday crap :lol:

Can do cash jobs!

I can even come to you!

#60 esky76

esky76

FJ RSX DRIFT S12

• Retired Admin/Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Hey,

looks like you had a good time on friday, i would have come but didnt know about it..... sorry

sorry i didnt make it out to mallala, i have been heaps sick with the flu, hope every thing went good..

cheers
Todd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users