Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TAS Spotted Thread

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:01 AM

Hey on my last trip to Launie, I saw two gazelle's, one was a bronze hatch with red P's and looked pretty straight, and the other was a 2 tone silver/grey coupe which looked cool cause it was the first time I'd seen another coupe besides my own (in real life). On a previous trip i also saw a silver hatch parked on punchbowl road. Now the only Gaz ive seen in Newcastle is Sam's when i picked up his old engine, so this seems to be a little hot spot, is there any more in Launie that any 1 knows about? I'm moving to Launie for 6 months next yr and bringing me Gaz, so just interested? :P

#2 Dave

Dave

X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

S12 reppin, about the only modified one in the state afaik atm. Check it out, link in sig.
<a href="http://www.s12silvia...showtopic=1525" target="_blank">Project12</a> WRITTEN OFF 1/1/2010 <a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">Notchy Turbo!</a> CA18DET 160rwkw+<a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">S13 Daily Drifter!</a> CA18DE, locked low Toyo R1R Bride Vios 3 Low Max Greddy Coilovers solid everything

#3 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:52 AM

theres a few about, i no the hatch you mean its there all the time should drop a aus12 card on the windscreen get them on here theres also a rly rly straight silver coupe up here never seen a straight bronze one b4 tho only a really beat up one

im about too altho mine needs lotsa love b4 its worth seeing lol apart from that theres a few sprinkled around the state some with big plans and mods altho the owners dnt post much here except dave

a mini-meet might be in order see if we can shake a few more 12's outta hidding

#4 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

If the bronze one is usually driven by a P-plater then maybe i saw the good side lol

#5 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

it is actually it doesnt have a good side tho lol

#6 Dave

Dave

X

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Theres 5 I know of in Devonport.

Mine. 17x7/8 Sparco wheels, lowered, good suspension, slotted rotors, alpine 2008-series based sound system etc etc etc etc

A stock blue/silver two tone notch, owned by mid aged lady, black hair, works around the KMart/Coles/Woolies Area.

A dirty white hatchback that has been mistaken for mine, 'roundabout drifter', old rusty corroded broken wheels on it. sh** repco-style exhaust, doesnt fit properly.

A neat brown hatchback, currently for sale, fully standard, asking 5000+

A red one hatch, standard afaik, he's a member on here.

Edited by Dave, 09 December 2007 - 05:21 PM.

<a href="http://www.s12silvia...showtopic=1525" target="_blank">Project12</a> WRITTEN OFF 1/1/2010 <a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">Notchy Turbo!</a> CA18DET 160rwkw+<a href=http://www.s12silvia.com/community/index.php?showtopic=5419 target="_blank">S13 Daily Drifter!</a> CA18DE, locked low Toyo R1R Bride Vios 3 Low Max Greddy Coilovers solid everything

#7 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

sounds like devonport is the hotspot

#8 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

From what i saw, which was only a glance, the side was pretty straight so it must be a different 1. and with all the 1's Dave's mentioned there's seems to be a fare few in Northern Tassie. Certainly more than Newcastle. :yes:

#9 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

lol fair enough even tho tassie is one of those places where everyone pretty much knows everyone else theres still a few hidden ppl and gems about so there could be two different ones lol

#10 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hey im now living in launie for a couple of months, and i spotted a darkish grey coupe with resprayed spots, not sure of the suburb think it was near summer hill or somewhere near there, any one on here driving that one?

And also looking to do a ca18de swap as my engine just clicked over 400 000 km's and started making a currently unknown noise,thus all the more reason to do a swap! so if any one here's of 1 4sale it would be great if u could let us know thanks.

#11 Dave

Dave

X

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

That grey one sounds

#12 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

I can't believe i keep seeing more gazelle's, i spotted 1 today in Riesly st kings meadows it was a 2 tone silver coupe...

#13 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

the grey one with resprayed bits is me

where bouts you living and did ya bring your 12 down with ya?

if that coupe was rly straight it gets around, there must be 2 with the same wheels etc or something coz the things everywhere it cant be one car lol

#14 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

the grey one with resprayed bits is me

where bouts you living and did ya bring your 12 down with ya?

if that coupe was rly straight it gets around, there must be 2 with the same wheels etc or something coz the things everywhere it cant be one car lol

yeah mate it was really straight! yep brought the gaz with me and im living with between me sisters houses so blackstone heights and youngtown.

#15 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

haha good spots to end up nice neighbourhoods i will have to go for a cruise and see if i can spot ya 12 at a house :P

and ye its freakin straight seen it up close once nothing wrong with it at all

theres also a silver hatch up in the ravenswood area bit rough round the edges but its dropped on its arse with some kool wide old school rims looks pretty pig spec kool

#16 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hey guys, i know its a bit off topic but, does any 1 have or know where i can get a harmonic balancer and keyway,for a ca20e? need 1 asap... or maybe just a ca18 hahaha

#17 Pistonfreak

Pistonfreak

FJ20 GURU

• 1,202 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

I spotted 3 gazelle's when I was in Tassie
That's including mine lol
Posted Image

#18 Fury-S12

Fury-S12

Tasmanian Mod

• 1,689 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

hah i spotted 4 mine daves tdbz and yours bri

speaking off i keep seeing you everywhere tdbz never close enuf to say hi tho, at the da tho if you remember a bunch a guys looking at a sweet ke70 as you came back to ur car bout half way thu saturday i was one of them blokes :P

#19 Mr.CA

Mr.CA

VIII

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

well i only spotted 2 a white one in the car park with one of brians front bars think it might have been daves

and yeah brian beast, i must not have been looking hard enough :P lol

cheers
Mike
Posted Image

#20 TDBZS12

TDBZS12

II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

hah i spotted 4 mine daves tdbz and yours bri

speaking off i keep seeing you everywhere tdbz never close enuf to say hi tho, at the da tho if you remember a bunch a guys looking at a sweet ke70 as you came back to ur car bout half way thu saturday i was one of them blokes :mellow:

yeah,that ke70 is sweet, one of me mates Nick i think did a bit of work on it at some point. yeah i keep seeing ya car everywhere 2 lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users