Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Winton Sprint Series Round 3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BigDaddy

BigDaddy

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

Hi everyone,

Round 3 of the Winton Motor Raceway BP Midland/Pedders No Bull Sprint Series will be held on July 1st. This is the 3rd round of the 5 round series. For anyone who has never competed in one of these events before it is basically an entry level into motorsport. There are very basic requirements for your vehicles and the whilst you will be competing for trophies it is aimed at having a bit of fun. If you have tried the Fun Day and enjoyed it, then this is the next step. The cost is $90 if you pre-enter or $100 on the day, which is extremely CHEAP!! You will need a AASA Club Licence or higher which is $50 for 12 months if you dont already have one. The entry forms and regulations can be downloaded from HERE

The Classes are more than reasonable and are as follows:
1A Road Registerable Under 2 Litre
1B Road Registerable Over 2 Litre
2 Improved Production (eg. WRX, XR6, Skylines)
3A Modified Under 2 Litre
3B Modified Over 2 Litre
Racing - Racing Cars (any car with slick tyres)
Ladies - All Ladies
Juniors - Between 16-18 years of age

Also if you want to get your setup right for the Sprints there is a special Test & Tune day on Saturday 30th June. So you can come up on Saturday, test your car get the setup right and be ready for Sunday.

I hope to see you all there, I will be competing in the Purple and Yellow EA Falcon, number 60. Come and say hello if you are about.

Cheers

Adam
PERFORMANCE CAR MANIA 2007 - SEPTEMBER 21-23www.performancecarmania.com.auPosted Image

#2 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts
  • Location:Croydon, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way.
  • Name:Gadget
  • Car:Nissan all the way

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

any other aus12 guys interested?

i'll go to watch a few mates at this stage

#3 Gazelle D

Gazelle D

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

hello, i'm interested in going but it doesn't look like its going to happin, infact my now 4 gazelle's and not even getting the time of day because of my holden utes.

big daddy did you get my email re: my trip home ? almost rolling is not fun.

catch people.

gazelle d

All my gazelle's are gone, but i have a stock S14 sunday driver.

#4 BigDaddy

BigDaddy

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

Yeah I did get your email, sounds like you had an interesting trip home! I havent been on here much lately because I am no longer an S12 owner :lol:

Sprints this weekend should be heaps of fun, I can't wait!!!
PERFORMANCE CAR MANIA 2007 - SEPTEMBER 21-23www.performancecarmania.com.auPosted Image

#5 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

i dont get it...

but i guess u had to be there... ok :s

might make it down... there's just so much to do, but the girlfriend in Wallan helps reduce the traveling time :P

#6 BigDaddy

BigDaddy

III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

I sold my Gazelle to Gazelle D and he had an interesting time with a jack-knifing trailer and almost rolling on the way home from picking it up. That is also the reason why I am no longer an S12 owner.

Gadget are you going to compete?

#7 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

still need to sort out a few issues from sundays skid pan day... nothing too serious, but fuel tank leak and fuel pump not surviving very well is reason enough not to this time:(

#8 Gazelle D

Gazelle D

IV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

still need to sort out a few issues from sundays skid pan day... nothing too serious, but fuel tank leak and fuel pump not surviving very well is reason enough not to this time:(

skid pan day ??? where how when why has nobody told me about one of these days ?

i like to slide.

gazelle d

And yeh after getting big daddy's car we almost lost it, then had a joyful ride home at 70kmh from benella, i own a tandem, its not very good, but i own a tandem, i'll show it to you one day as i want your opinion on whats wrong with it, its preety freakin obvious if you ask me, but anyhow.

All my gazelle's are gone, but i have a stock S14 sunday driver.

#9 gadget1382

gadget1382

Go Go Gadget... Gazelle?

• 3,225 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:27 PM

you must have another property with a heap of other cars :S

Skid pan was organised by some people from NS, i tagged along. The next thing might be a sanddown day, and the 2007 Winton Nat's type day, also in this vic section.

Hoping the Winter meet is enough to get ppl to start going to events semi-regularly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users