Welcome to S12Silvia.com Community

Hey there! We've noticed you are a Guest. Why not register with S12Silvia.com to take full advantage of our many features.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the XII revolution by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Upload images to posts or our community gallery
  • Customize your experience here
Click here to sign up now!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1986 200SX With CA20E to CA20S Conversion; Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Silviation

Silviation

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Doug
  • Car:1986 200SX

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hi. I bought a 1986 200SX S12 (U.S. spec, built in December, 1985) that someone had started a conversion from the factory CA20E engine to a carbureted CA20S version. It has a custom carb mounting adapter on an intake that came from a CA20S, and a Weber 32/36 DGEV carb. The fuel pump is electric but is one made for carburetors. No parts remain on the engine pertaining to the CA20E injection except for the distributor, which is the factory one with the crank angle sensor. The factory ECU (ECCS) came with the car but is not hooked up. The factory throttle cable is hooked up to the Weber, and from what I can tell, everything else (hoses and such) are hooked up like that for a CA20S engine. I have had the engine running, the oil pressure is good, but it won't hold an idle.

Has anyone else had experience with this conversion, and, are there some things I am missing/overlooking to get the engine to idle? Should I change the distributor to one made for a CA20S engine? If I hook up the ECU it doesn't make a difference as to how the engine runs. I tried disconnecting the crank angle sensor wires to the distributor but the car wouldn't even start.

Can someone please enlighten me on this and help? I greatly appreciate any help!

#2 swampdonkyy

swampdonkyy

XII Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:S12 SILVIA FISCO
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

the 910 bluebird had the s motor, google that & search 910 bluebird forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic